When Can a Child Start Preschool?
A typical day in a Kiddi Kollege Preschool Classroom includes rich opportunities for pretend play, music, art, science, reading, and math activities. Sounds fun, right?! We think so, too.
The CDC defines preschooler age to be between three and five years old, but this is just a general guideline. Developmental milestones, personality, and other factors should be considered when a parent is planning their child’s enrollment in preschool or another early childhood education program.
Here at Kiddi Kollege, our preschool classrooms are designed for children ages three to four years old. Per Kansas guidelines, a child must be 3 years old by August 31st of the year they enroll.
If a child is between four and five years old, they may be better suited for our pre-kindergarten classes. What’s the difference between the two classes? Learn more on our blog: “Preschool vs. Pre-K”.
For more information on age-specific options, please scroll to the bottom of this page.
What Would My Child Learn or Do at Preschool?
In our wonderful Kansas City metropolitan area, we are lucky to have a plethora of educational options for our children’s growing minds. When you are seeking the best fit for your family, be sure to do your research and ask the right questions. For guidance on this quest, check out our blog, “8 Things to Look for in a Preschool in Kansas City”.
At Kiddi Kollege, our curriculum is designed around expanding wonder and exploring new horizons. It’s a child-centered program that meets the specific needs of each individual student in all key areas of development.
Our teachers coordinate daily learning experiences that are appropriate to the developmental level of each of the kiddos.
Overall, our goals are to boost your child’s:
- Self-esteem and positive self-image
- Social interaction skills
- Self-expression and communication skills
- Creative expression
- Intellectual growth and understanding of the world around them
- Awareness of physical fitness, good health and nutrition
- Self-control, self-direction and independence
- Behavior (how to be courteous and show respect for others)
We accomplish this through:
- Art, music, and creative play
- Storytelling, building blocks, and interpersonal communication
- Body movement such as jumping, dancing, and outdoor play
- Writing, practicing with scissors/manipulatives
- Positive discipline by REDIRECTING negative behavior to a positive behavioral outlet and praising positive behavior
What Other Options Are Available, Age-Wise?
Kiddi Kollege was created in 1957 and started from very humble beginnings. Our founder, Geraldine Dolinar, began the program in her basement! Fast-forward to today and we’ve expanded to multiple locations throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area, offering services in Leawood, Lenexa, Olathe, and Overland Park.
We serve families with children from as little as six weeks of age, all the way through the 6th grade. Plus, as a bonus, we offer a sibling discount!
All of our classrooms follow national and Kansas standards for student-to-teacher ratios.
What options are available for your children? See below to learn more.
Breakdown of Kiddi Kollege Classrooms by Age
Each of our Kiddi Kollege facilities run things slightly differently, depending on student enrollment, student development and individual needs, staffing, and student-to-teacher ratios. Generally speaking, though, our centers offer some combination of the following age-specific classes:
- Infant Classes:
- 6 weeks – 12 months
- 12 months – 18 months
- 18 months – 24 months
- Preschool Classes:
- Ages 3-4
- Enrollment requirement: Child must be 3 years old by August 31st
- Pre-Kindergarten Classes:
- Ages 4-5
- Enrollment requirement: Child must be 4 years old by August 31st
- After School Child Care: Ages 5 – 12
How Can I Sign Up?
We are so proud of our Kiddi Kollege legacy, and we’d love to have you join us!
Whether your child is a few months old, a pre-teen, or anywhere in between, we have the perfect environment for them to grow and thrive. With the guidance of trained professionals and the company of peers who are sure to become lifelong friends, your child is destined for success at Kiddi Kollege. Schedule a tour today!